Tuesday, October 5, 2010

running!


When I was in high school I had trained to audition for our pom line.  I practiced and got the routine down to the tune of Hello Again by The Cars.  I even achieved a complete split during the freshest dance "thing" EVER! The day of as I was heading to the gym, up the stairs with heart beating, I stopped turn around and walked away.  I was scared, scared of not making it.  
As I begin training for a half marathon I find myself wondering what will happen when I get to the race.  Can I get there, what if I can not run the whole thing, what if I fall, what if others laugh at me, what if, what if what if.......  I could talk myself out of getting out of bed with all the what if's in life.  There has to come a time in ones life when you (I) have to realize - hey this is what I want to do... just to say I did it or to feel a sense of achievement, whatever the reason I am there! With the line of "I am doing this" having been crossed; I have invited, dared and am encouraging others to join me(as accountability for me-lol).  I invite you to dare, encourage & cheer me on too!
I have a magnet on my fridge that I just truly love, (next to the magnet with the rhinestone decorated cowboy boots) it is a wooden plain brown with a star in the background with the quote "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways" John Wayne.  This which brings tears to my eyes thinking of having the level of courage to breakthrough!  Gotta love John Wayne! I want this level of breakthrough!


runners2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment