Monday, October 4, 2010

life in the day


I hear thunder in the distance... let it rain! So after a few minutes of writing and deleting it is now raining.  One of my favorite moments; is reading while it is raining now that I am "internet" writer (extrordanaire) this is the pinnacle of my reading ... now writing experience! In other words... love writing while it's raining:)
Rain, that is very much a picture of life in the desert.
What else does life look like?
Well today it looked like a lady getting gas in her car.  As I had finished loading my groceries, she pulled along side me in her silver civic.  I thought she was asking for directions? She repeated the question "do you want to buy a food perserver?" She needed help.  I told her I did not need one but I could put gas in her tank.  She pulled gently up to the gas pump and shamefully got out of her car.  She was now crying and was thanking me, I felt so much compassion for this young lady.  At this point she began explaining her situation and as I listened all I could say was "I am sorry." She thanked and hugged me. I got into my car, she got into her car and that was it.  After it had all taken place I thought I should have prayed for her, as I was trying to think why I did not  or try to come up with an excuse why I "dropped the ball" or even why all I could do was stand there and say I am sorry... God reminded me that I stood in the gap.  A peice to the puzzle of someones life; a moment when we take responsiblity for something that happens and offer forgiveness, love or emotional support that chages their day.  Today it wasn't about the gas but about the life, life, if even for a day that was changed.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE how generous you are, you are always such an inspiration to me in this area. She was blessed, don't beat yourself up. Leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have walked away several times wondering why i didn't do this or that. i finally reconciled myself to the Holy Spirit. Its His responsibility to let me know what i am suppose to do. So... yea God... continue to keep me keen to your voice and obedient to your call! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girls! Thank you so much, thank you for reading, thank you for your support, you wisdom and your love - you both inspire me in so many ways... truly!

    ReplyDelete